Printable Version of U11 Rules
1. All games start at 6:30pm.
2. 5 inning games.
3. No new inning shall start after 90 min unless agreed upon by both teams.
4. 9 players on defence
5. Everyone bats.
6. 3 outs or 6 runs per inning.
7. Three overage players (1 year older) may be used on a team to bring your roster up
to a maximum of 12 players but are not eligible for Provincials. Overage players cannot
pitch, catch or play 1st base.
8. Last inning- 3 out or if not possible then once through the batting order and the game
is over. If one team has fewer players than the other, some players will have to bat more
than once to even out the final bats.
9. 3 rd strike rule does not apply, therefore 3 strikes you are out.
10. Infield fly rule is waived.
11. In the event a player is injured during the game and is unable to take their turn at
bat, the player will be removed from the batting order and out for the balance of the
game, unless the player’s coach announces that the player will be able to continue to
play prior to the team’s next bat (does not result in an out unless player’s inability to bat
puts the team under 9 batters). If the player is injured at bat-player must reach first base
on their own power. At that time another player (last out from the previous inning) from
the bench can come in to run bases.
12. Runners are allowed to steal 2nd base, but can only advance to 3rd and home on a
13. Lead off after the ball leaves pitcher’s hand
14. Unlimited substitution
15. Pitcher can only pitch 3 innings per game.
16. Batters and runners must wear helmets with a cage.
17. Pitchers must wear a pitching mask.
18. Official ball- 11” softball
19. Pitching and base dimensions shall be as designated in the current MSA rulebook.
20. Home team to supply umpires. In lieu of using a larger home plate please request
that umps use a larger strike zone.
21. Teams to re-schedule own games.
22. All other Manitoba Softball/Softball Canada Association Rules apply.
Softball MB rule N (7)(f):
Once a batter reaches four (4) balls in the count, the batter will receive the number of
soft toss pitches to continue the strike count when four (4) balls was
reached. (Example: the count was 4 balls, 1 strike, the batter would receive 2 soft
tosses). Every soft toss thrown will be considered a strike. On a soft toss hit, the hitter
may advance to 2nd base as able, but will not advance past 2nd base. Runners on base
may advance a maximum of two (2) bases on a soft toss hit."