1. All games start at 7:00pm.
2. 7 inning
3. Mercy Rule is in effect if one team leads by 10 runs after 5 complete innings.
4. 9 players on defense (8 players is acceptable, but anything less will be an automatic
out each time the 8th batting position comes around.)
5. Everyone bats.
6. 3rd strike rule applies as per Rule Book FP8-1(b) which states that batter becomes a
batterrunner when the catcher fails to catch the third strike before the ball touches the
ground: and 1 - there are less than 2 outs and 1st base is unoccupied; or 2 - there are 2
7. Infield fly rule is in effect.
8. In the event a player is injured during the game and is unable to take their turn at bat,
the player will be removed from the batting order and out for the balance of the game,
unless the player’s coach announces that the player will be able to continue to play prior
to the team’s next bat (does not result in an out unless player’s inability to bat puts the
team under 9 batters). If the player is injured at bat-player must reach first base on their
own power. At that time another player (last out from the previous inning) from the
bench can come in to run bases.
9. Stealing bases including home is allowed at all times.
10. Lead off after the ball leaves pitcher’s hand
11. Unlimited substitution
12. AAA Pitcher may only pitch 3 innings
13. Batters and runners must wear helmets with a cage.
14. Infielder masks are optional.
15. Official ball- 12” outdoor softball
16. Base dimensions shall be as designated in the current MSA rulebook and pitching
distance shall be set at 43 ft.
17. Home team to supply umpires
18. Teams to re-schedule own games.
19. All other Manitoba Softball/Softball Canada Association Rules apply.