1. All games start at 6:30pm
2. 7 inning games.
3. No new inning shall start after 105 min unless agreed upon by both teams.
4. 9 players on defence
5. Everyone bats.
6. 3 outs or 6 runs per inning.
7. Three overage players (1 year older) may be used on a team to bring your roster up
to a maximum of 12 players but are not eligible for Provincials. Overage players cannot
pitch, catch or play 1st base.
8. The 7 th inning is an open inning
9. 3rd strike rule applies as per Rule Book FP8-1(b) which states that batter becomes a
batter-runner when the catcher fails to catch the third strike before the ball touches the
ground: and 1 - there are less than 2 outs and 1st base is unoccupied; or 2 - there are 2
10. Infield fly rule is in effect.
11. In the event a player is injured during the game and is unable to take their turn at
bat, the player will be removed from the batting order and out for the balance of the
game, unless the player’s coach announces that the player will be able to continue to
play prior to the team’s next bat (does not result in an out unless player’s inability to bat
puts the team under 9 batters). If the player is injured at bat-player must reach first base
on their own power. At that time another player (last out from the previous inning) from
the bench can come in to run bases.
12. Stealing bases including home is allowed at all times.
13. Lead off after the ball leaves pitcher’s hand
14. Unlimited substitution
15. Pitcher can only pitch 4 innings per game. No pitcher from an “A” organization may
pitch more than 2 innings in any game. 1 pitch thrown in an inning equals 1 inning.
16. Pitchers must wear a pitching mask.
17. Batters and runners must wear helmets with a cage.
18. Official ball- 12” outdoor softball
19. Pitching and base dimensions shall be as designated in the current MSA rulebook
20. Home team to supply umpires
21. Teams to re-schedule own games.
22. All other Manitoba Softball/Softball Canada Association Rules apply.